Saturday, June 07, 2008

Busy with baseball

I don't have any cool photos to upload today. I have been rushing around all week long taking Mitchell to baseball practice after practice after practice....did I say we had been to practice? We live at Bogan Park. I am seriously considering changing my address to Bogan and saving money on rent and utilities. For those of you that don't know. Mitchell made the "All Star" team for his division. Technically he only made alternate. He has been so good and firm about not playing or practicing on Sunday's that he couldn't be the regular on the team. He gets to work out with the team, and gets all the fun things the team gets. He just won't be able to play in the Dixie Tourney. The Buford Invitational is this weekend and he gets to play in that one. Then....if someone can't make a game he gets to play in their place. Sounds like all work with no reward right? Wrong! The amount of growth and improvement in his skills is amazing just from the hard practices these past few weeks. I am proud of his attitude! Last night he only got up to bat one time, and only got to field one time....but he came out of the dugout after the game with a smile from ear to ear! I am so proud of my boy, for his good sportmanship and his willingness to put in a lot of hard work with out the glory! It is building a wonderful young man!

1 comment:

Amy Girl said...

When they love the game it's all good. He really is playing if you think about it. All those hours of practice is fun. What a great kid to stick to his guns on the no playing on Sunday thing.

Cohen is in the middle of his end of the season tournament. He has a game on Monday night.

I guess we are all in the trenches of baseball right now.