Wednesday, May 28, 2008

SUMMER is HeRe !!


IT is that time of year....the time to relax by the pool and just waste the days away. Today Mitchell got some fresh pool toys and we piled into the car and played at the pool for a couple of hours. I would have stayed longer...but I want him rested for baseball practice tonight. Yesterday he played in the pool in the late afternoon and he came home and slept for 4 hours until 9:00pm !!! I found these toypedo's fun to play with. Mitchell's favorite was the new foam surf boards.
I want to be here!!!!!
We are planning another trip to Hawaii for NEXT year....I am not sure I can wait that long. Hawaii is one of those places that you either hate and can't wait to leave or you love so much that it gets in your blood and you yearn for it like a long lost love. Scott spends much of his free time reading travel guides and planning our perfect vacation. I think he even has the days planned out and what we are to do each day so that we don't miss a thing....me...I just want to feel the sand between my toes and watch the sun come up over the horizon.
Untill next summer....I will keep dreaming by the pool as I am being bombed by splash footballs and wish I was feeling the sand between my toes in Hawaii.

1 comment:

Amy Girl said...

Oh, that sand in the toes part sounds good to me. We are 3 1/2 days away from school being out here. The kids are all busy with field trips and parties. The boys are still playing baseball. Connor only has two more games and Cohen will have a tournment staring next week.

I want the kids home and just one day where I don't have to leave the house!

I got another sore neck last week. It was crippling. I could barely move. Add to that our family having to speak in sacrament meeting for Memorial Day and whamo I could not move. Tuesday found me at a chiropractor office and he adjusted me. I am still quite sore, but moving better and hoping it all goes away soon. I am getting absolutely nothing done. It is even hard to sit here at the computer.

I loved your stories about Mitchell and his best friend. Amazing! He will never forget that in all his life.