Sunday, June 29, 2008

Somewhere Over The Rainbow

We were blessed today with a wonderful storm to soak our drought ridden area.
This is a look at our home with a beautiful rainbow out stretching so far
that I couldn't get the entire rainbow in the photo.
(Sure wish I had a wide angle lens...because it was a complete and perfect rainbow)



It reminded me of a couple of songs
as my children and I stood outside in the drizzle to enjoy the beautiful creation.
One of the songs that came to mind was
"Some where over the rainbow"
Our home truly looked like a rainbow was blessing it today!

Then one of my favorite primary songs came to my mind...
"I Like to Look For Rainbows"

I Like to Look for Rainbows, Whenever there is rain
And ponder on the Beauty
of
an Earth made clean again.
I want my life to be as clean as Earth right after rain
I want to be the best I can
And Live with God again.
I have been feeling pretty ungrateful this week.
My house is now over 7 years old,
I have started to look at it with the eyes of....oh I wish I had a new house,
new carpet, new furniture, fresh paint on the inside.....the list could go on and on.
But with one rainstorm...
my father in Heaven told me how much my home is a place of love.
It is our heaven on Earth...old paint and all!!!! Thanks for the reminder Lord!


2 comments:

Laura said...

What a beautiful rainbow! It's nice to have little reminders for how blessed we truly are.

Amy Girl said...

These are fabulous pictures. I love seeing your home from that point of view. I have only ever seen the front porch.

I agree about the little reminders. I need them once in awhile. They keep me on track.