Thursday, August 21, 2008

Sarah's Sweet 16 Bash!

We Did It !!!
We Pulled off the
Biggest Sweet 16 Bash Ever!!!!


We "Surprised" Sarah with a party at her best friend Leah's house. Sarah did not want a party and was afraid that nobody would come. She we took matters into our own hands and planned the party without her. The magical wonders of e-vites on Facebook helped Leah pull off a party that easily was 60 kids from all over Atlanta. There were kids that I had never seen before from as far as Marietta and Lilburn. Most of the kids met through the annual EFY that our church holds each year in Gainsville at Brenau University. It is so great to see such a large group of good LDS kids with good values and just wanting to have good clean fun.
Unfortunately Sarah was NOT Surprised
because basically she is a nosy person
and would look daily on my Facebook to see the RSVP list.
Worried that nobody would come.
But she WAS surprised
at the number that showed up to
welcome her into the world of dating.
The crowd was so loud when we sang that it shook the house.
I wish I had a picture of the group behind me!
Sarah's friend Missy made her a special
"Sweet 16" bouquet with 16 dollars.
I think 16 dollars that may never get spent..too pretty.
Sarah was "ICED".
I had no idea that
Jordan and Matthew were going to go behind her
and smear her face with icing from the cake.
She took it like a lady and even posed for pictures.
And lastly...who wouldn't want that "special guy" to show up
...you know, the one that you REALLY wanted to come.
Alex was late because he couldn't get off of work,
but made sure he came over afterwards.
A Perfect end to a perfect evening.
Now she can date...look out world..here comes
S A R A H
.

3 comments:

Laura said...

I love it! You always throw great parties.

I understand Sarah's thinking. I was the same way when I turned 16...I didn't want to have a party because I was scared no one would come. My parents ended up throwing one for me and people actually came.

Sarah is so beautiful...I know the boys will be banging down your door to get a date with her!

Karlene said...

What a beautiful girl, she is such a gem....and I'm sure the boys know it too! Nathan had a great time, thanks for the invite.

Unknown said...

Gosh we were lucky, the tornado went through our neighborhood....(Which they are actually saying our part got straightlined winds...but about a block from our house, 2 houses had trees through their roofs and quite a bit of damage. Also the neighborhood behind us sustained a good bit too. WE were so lucky.

My husband and I were at Kroger...powere went out and we kept shopping, you could hear the weather but we didn't think anything of it. We could out, the sun was shining and found out we just went though a tornado. He went inside and asked one of the clerks and the store KNEW about the tornado so they managed to keep chaos from spreading.

SCARY!!!