Friday, July 25, 2008

Mitchell's Big Catch!!!


My dad took Mitchell out on Lake Lanier this week.
It was a hot and pretty much dead day on the lake.
No fish were biting.
Mitchell was trying to earn requirements for an "arrow point" for cub scouts.
But as my dad put it..."God must really love a little cub scout
...he blessed him with this catch.
The grin on Mitchell's face says it all.
My dad says it was the biggest fish he has caught on the lake this year.
The drought has really hurt the fishing.
They took pictures and let it go..even though he could have kept it.
It was big enough to keep, but they let him go.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

He sure was proud of himself. Was this Lake Lanier? We live on the lake and my oldest daughter's boyfriends family has seas doos and a boat. They have lived on the lake this Summer.

I think the lake has gotten a bad rap since it's down so much, I think people are afraid to get on it. Not as safe as it was but still fun.

Your children stay as busy as mine. :)

Laura said...

Yeah Mitchell! Cub scouts are so cute. I'm glad he was able to catch that fish. I'm sure it made his day!

Amy Girl said...

Being the Cub Scout advocate that I am, I say, "Go Grandpa!"

What fun for Mitchell. He seems to have amazing luck.