Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Sarah on the Trek

Our Stake is doing a Pioneer Trek this week!
The leaders have been planning this for Youth Conference
for a year. Needless to say, my Sarah was NOT excited one bit
about going on a Pioneer Trek for 3 days with Port-a-potties and sleeping outside.
No showers...no air conditioning..no mirrors for make-up
...no running water to brush her teeth.
But...true to what Sarah is made up of...She finally agreed to go.
Modern Technology is so wonderful and I think the Pioneers would be amazed.
Our Youth can be in the middle of a re-inactment and have photo's placed on the
web for their parents to see how they are doing!!!!


I was so excited to see these pictures last night of Sarah!
I had been really worried because there were lots of Thunderstorms
in our area last night. I know they were pulling these handcarts in the R A I N
and that their gear was going to be all wet.
They were each allowed a 5 gallon paint bucket that could weigh no more than
17 Pounds!
They weren't allowed to bring Cell phones or i-pods
or any modern thing
like a squeeze-breeze fan
But from the earlier photos of the day....before the rain
They all seemed to be smiling!

I was very excited to see this picture!
Isn't she beautiful as a pioneer?
(yeah, they allowed sun glasses)
There were 200 youth going, and only like 50 photo's posted...
So to see my Sarah's sweet face made me so happy
That I could fall asleep last night content.
I even watched the church movie
"Legacy"
as I was falling asleep so that I could feel what she is feeling
especially the scene in the rain.
I can't wait until she gets home on Thursday...I want to hear it all
(just not experience it myself...I am watching kids and a dog from
parents that went on the trek as my part of the experience)
I can forward the e-mail with the link if anyone wants to see all
the photos (Laura there is one of Nathan too)

5 comments:

Laura said...

I know a lot of the youth weren't too excited about this trek, but I think it will be a very memorable experience for them. Sarah looks so beautiful.

I would really appreciate it if you could email me the link. My email address is litanels@gmail.com

Wendy said...

Thanks for the help. It was great talking to someone who is feeling the same as I am about our kids and the experience they are having. Isn't it wonderful and aren't we just so blessed. You are such a sweetie.

Unknown said...

Heidi,

I came across your blog by chance. You have such a beautiful family and your faith is inspiring. I live very close to you in GA too. :)

Melanie

Melanie said...

Heidi,

Thanks for the kind words. I happened on your blog, as well as The Daily Scoop just by chance. Someone I know had the DAily Scoop on their blog and readining the comments I would check out other blogs and came across yours. I so love reading the blogs and draw such inspiration from them at a time I've felt my lowest lately.

I do draw a lot from Stephanie and her blog. I can't imagine the pain she must still go through and yet remain so strong in her faith.

I've found myself blaming God far more than I admit even. I know it's wrong but I've been so deep in depression in the past that it's hard not to feel that way.

It's such a small world and was truly a thrill for me to find someone who lives so close that blogs too. We know the areas around here. Nice to know someone close by is blogging. :)

And dontcha just love baseball? We've started fall ball practice. It seems like one season of baseball runs into the next and he's playing year round cept for a short window in the winter.

Melanie

Amy Girl said...

Paige has gone on 3 treks now. She loves them. What a wonderful pic of Sarah. I know how you are feeling. Sadie is at girls camp this week and I am really missing her and can hardly wait to see her and hear all her great stories of her first year at camp(how's that for a run on?). She'll be home tomorrow. Yeah!