Friday, November 28, 2008

My Dream Last Night

It is very rare that I chose to write a post that is more than a recap of what is going on in my family. However last night I had a dream that I have to post. Mainly because I am still pondering the meaning and also thankful for the "glimpse" my Heavenly Father allowed me.

I dreamed that Scott had agreed to watch a baby. I didn't know that he had agreed to watch the baby and I don't know who the baby belongs to.
It wasn't revealed in the dream. But I woke up in the dream to Scott asking me "How the baby did last night" Confused, I asked him "What baby?" He replied, the baby I agreed to watch" Horror went through my mind, how could I have forgotten to watch of all things a precious baby??? I panicked and ran through my house. Though my house was not the house I actually live in. There were things that were altered and different. Finally I concluded that the baby must be in the garage (makes total sense in a dream). So I ran to the garage only to find an empty spot where the baby was suppose to be. I noticed a door open in my garage to the outside. (in real life we don't have an exterior door in our garage). As I ran out the door, I was in shear panic that the baby I was suppose to be caring for had gotten out the door and was gone!!!! When I went out the door...I saw my mother-in-law Schell. (My mother-in-law passed away from cancer in April).

Schell was laying in a "canoe like" boat on the ground. She was wearing miss-matched pajamas
(like she always did in real life). She was wrapped up all nice in warm in blankets....and.... She was BEAUTIFUL !!!! Her skin was so clean and fresh and young. Her hair was bouncy and shiny. She was grinning from ear to ear and so happy. I was so excited to see her! I cried out to her and in that instant she opened the blanket I saw the baby that I was suppose to be watching that I had lost and forgotten. I was so excited. I said "Schell, you have the baby?!? You protected the baby! How could you do that?" She answered very softly. "They let me come and protect him because you didn't know you were suppose to protect him". I turned my head to call for Scott to let him know I had found the baby and that his mom was protecting him. When I turned back, my mother-in-law was gone!

I woke up very startled at that moment and crying. I cried and cried. It felt so real! It felt like I had a moment to see my mother-in-law in a perfected state, young and happy, not sick, tired and dying from cancer like I had seen her last.

I have pondered all day what the dream could mean? Why would she be protecting a baby for me? Why would it be baby? Most everyone knows, I can't have anymore children. So choosing to have a late in life baby isn't even an option. So I have come to conclude that she is protecting something else that I don't know I am in charge of, until I figure it out?!?

Here is the really surreal part for me...I woke up and turned to Scott crying. I told him in my sleepy state that I had just had a dream and seen his mom, and that it was so real. He turned very shocked and said...I dreamed about her too! He didn't remember the details very clearly of his dream (and I think a bit sad that mine seemed more vivid) But we both received the opportunity to see her in our dreams on the same night! We haven't been sad, or mourned for a while, just thought of her from time to time. Today she is close in my thoughts. I miss her today. I am so thankful I had the blessing of seeing her young and healthy and happy.

3 comments:

Elder Nate Mountain said...

That is sooooo BEAUTIFUL!!! This past summer I had a dream about my father in-law that was similar, in that it was VERY real! In my dream he just walked in an sat down to watch TV with us, of course we were all shocked and told him how very much we miss him!! He was sooo calm and commented that if we only new how close he was to us ALL the time, we wouldn't be so sad! In the dream we were then all so at ease with him that we just started discussing the TV show with him.. The dream was an amazing experience and has given great comfort to our entire family. Thanks for sharing your dream, it made me cry~

Amy Girl said...

Oh Heidi, I'm crying right now. Your dream seemed so much like her. I miss her. I'm sad she's gone, but comforted to know that our Father in Heaven has a plan - a plan we know all about. Won't it be wonderful to be reunited with her again someday. I just hope I can be more like her until we meet again.

I am curious to know what it is she's protecting for you.

Wendy said...

My mother has come to me in dreams. It's usually nothing profound, just a smile, a hug or an "I love you" I always wake up comforted and grateful that I saw her again. What a beautiful blessing!!