Friday, October 10, 2008

General Conference

I cleaned my TV room really good for the family to watch
General Conference on Sunday. My philosophy is that
"Cleanliness is next to Godliness".
I wanted a nice clean spot to feel the spirit while listening
to the words of our Prophet and leaders.
Much to my surprise...
Mitchell has a very different vision of a special place to watch conference.
He arranged the room for the family to have a giant PJ party while watching conference.

This is what I discovered about an hour before the
Sunday Morning Session of Conference
How could I be mad?
My sweet little boy WANTED to watch conference.
He wanted to have a wonderful experience.
His vision was just different than mine.
Sometimes the little children have the best ideas.
We had Rootbeer floats, popcorn and lots of cuddling
It was WONDERFUL
Maybe too soothing?

I feel so blessed right now my heart feels like it could explode.
I watch so many trials around me.
Job losses, health problems, divorce...the list could go on and on.
I feel like my family is in a bubble of protection right now.
A bubble I am fighting desperately to keep from Bursting.
My Heavenly Father is so good to my family!

1 comment:

Laura said...

I don't know if you're like me in this sense, but I tend to think my way of doing things is the right way. Sometimes I have to step back and realize that there are other ways to do things and that it's okay. i'm sure my children will be my teachers in this area.

I'm glad conference was so enjoyable for your family. How blessed we are to get to hear from the prophet and apostles twice a year!