Friday, October 03, 2008

Fall Happenings

We have been so busy this fall...sometimes I forget to just enjoy
my kids for the wonderful people that they are

Mitchell got to participate in a Fishing Tournament on Saturday
Compliments of his Grandpa.
The fish he is holding actually helped him win 3rd place
in the tournament...guess the fish weren't biting


Baseball Season is in full swing. Mitchell had to move up to
the 9/10 year old league this fall (he's 8)
The boy beside him is the other catcher on the team
No joke..he is bigger than Lindsey.
But Mitchell has proven himself and earned a place on the team.

At the beginning of the season, his coach had a few reservations
about placing Mitchell in as catcher. He is seriously the smallest
one on the team. His coach worked with Mitchell on making a throw
all the way to second base on this bigger field.
In Minor, the boys can steal bases and the catcher can throw them out
What FUN !!!!
This is the funnest thing!
Mitchell LOVEs to throw out boys at 2nd.
So far he has 5 "Throw Down's"
(way more than the bigger catcher)
And his coaches call him "Golden Arm"
He has also gotten numerous boys out stealing 3rd and home plate.
Our team things Mitchell is our secret weapon.
The other teams think Mitchell is the "Shrimp"
And they think they can get away with stealing.....ha ha!

Lindsey's 8th grade cheerleading season is in Full Swing
She is so busy. Her squad cheers for 3 different teams.
All together there are 58 cheerleaders and they rotate some of the games.
It is not as much fun as last year but she is a trooper and keeps a
smile on her face. Next week she tries out for 8th Grade Basketball cheerleader.
I am not sure if I want you all to cross her fingers to make it or not
(price tag is $500)
Finally...I am entering into a new time in my life this month
On Halloween I will turn .....yes... 40
I have accepted my aging life.
Scott decided to get my birthday present early so I could enjoy it
He got me a new digital camera! My old one had hit 4 years old
and in this world today..that means a dinosaur!
The above pictures was the first official picture taken with my
new camera.
I got a new Kodak with 10 mega-pixels and 15 optical zoom
I am having so much fun playing with my new toy
Thanks so much my wonderful Husband!
I love you lots and lots!!!

2 comments:

Amy Girl said...

Heidi,

I love the update. It's always so cool to see "Kreitlein" on a jersey. I'm always kinda caught off guard. It is awesome that Mitchell is having such a great season and moved up! Connor was moved up from his A team to AA. I will post on his success there sometime soon.

50 plus cheerleaders. That is amazing in and of itself. I've never heard of such a thing. Sadie's squad has only 6 girls. What a contrast.

The 40. You own it girl. I'm only one year behind ya.

Love the picture with your new camera. My Kodak is on the brink to having some problems. The buttons are sticking. I got Adobe Photoshop for my birthday and have only installed it, and have yet to actually edit a picture. I'm just not as computer savvy as my almost 40 year old sister-in-law!

Heidi said...

Hey, that is what was wrong with my old Kodak too. The buttons were sticking and causing me to work way to hard to take the picture. Then they were coming out blurry because I was moving ever so slightly while pushing too hard on the sticking buttons!!

Psssh: I have adobe photoshop..tried it a couple of times...got frustrated with it and having used it since :) This almost 40 year old knows her limits!!