Friday, January 30, 2009

The Thrill of Victory!

Wow..it is a mile-stone in her life. Her driver's licence!!! A million things rush through my mind at this moment...have I taught her enough? Is she ready? Will my Heavenly Father protect my little girl? As much as I would have liked to hold her back and make her stay a little child...there comes a moment when a parent must allow their child to use their wings. Sarah has prepared well. She has taken drivers education, she has driven and driven and driven to seminary. She is a level headed girl and I know I trust her. But do I trust the the other drivers on the road? Do I trust that she will be able to handle situations that come her way?
I Love my little girl with all my heart! All I can do is pray that Heavenly Father is with her and then allow her to spread her wings and fly!

2 comments:

Elder Nate Mountain said...

Congrats Sarah!! Oh to be a mom, I heard someone say once that having a child is like your heart growing arms and legs and just running around. (I've found that to be true in my life.) I don't look forward to the driving years, yet they will come all too quickly. Sarah is a great girl, you've done a wonderful job raising her! She's such a great example to the youger girls at church!

Amy Girl said...

Yeah! I remember the day I got my license. There are just some life experiences one never forgets.

Congrats Sarah!